State of the States
CCSSO's Board President and South Dakota Secretary of Education Melody Schopp has outlined her presidential platform to elevate and improve teaching.
"This goes to the heart of where I'd like to focus my effort during my time as CCSSO president: on supporting and valuing the teaching profession - and changing negative perceptions that do nothing but hold the talented people working in schools across the country back," Schopp told the nation's state education chiefs gathered in Washington, DC for CCSSO's 2017 Legislative Conference.
CCSSO in Action
- CCSSO Board President Melody Schopp Outlines Presidential Platform, Delivers State of the States Address
- CCSSO Expresses Concern with President's Budget Proposal
- States Lead on Transition to the Every Student Succeeds Act
- CCSSO Releases Recommendations for Valuing College and Career Readiness in State Accountability Systems
- CCSSO and the Aspen Institute Release Commitments for Advancing Educational Equity in States
- CCSSO, CEEDAR Release Guidance for Principals to Improve Outcomes for Students with Disabilities
- JPMorgan Chase and CCSSO Announce $20 Million to Improve Career Education for Young People in 10 U.S. States