National Teacher of the Year
Congratulations to Sydney Chaffee, 2017 National Teacher of the Year! Sydney teaches humanities at Codman Academy Charter Public School in Boston, MA.
"I am honored to be the 2017 National Teacher of the Year," Chaffee said. "In the course of the next year, I hope to participate in a national conversation on how education can be a tool for social justice and empower students to stand up for themselves and create change."
The National Teacher of the Year program is run by the Council of Chief State School Officers and presented by Voya Financial, Inc.
CCSSO in Action
- Massachusetts Teacher Named 2017 National Teacher of the Year
- CCSSO Board President Melody Schopp Outlines Presidential Platform, Delivers State of the States Address
- CCSSO Expresses Concern with President's Budget Proposal
- States Lead on Transition to the Every Student Succeeds Act
- CCSSO Releases Recommendations for Valuing College and Career Readiness in State Accountability Systems
- CCSSO and the Aspen Institute Release Commitments for Advancing Educational Equity in States
- CCSSO, CEEDAR Release Guidance for Principals to Improve Outcomes for Students with Disabilities