In this critical time, state education leaders are working to support schools and districts in their response to, and preparation for, the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in the United States.
The Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) is closely monitoring developments and supporting states in their preparedness and response efforts.
Below you will find resources available now:
- CCSSO Releases Restart & Recovery: Considerations for Teaching & Learning (July 14, 2020)
All of the resources above are available in a Word version to customize and adapt to meet individual state, district or school needs. To request Word versions, click here. If you repurpose these resources, please attribute the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO).
The following are additional resources CCSSO created to support school and district leaders in putting the Considerations for Teaching & Learning into practice:
- How do we help teachers build the knowledge and skills they need to do remote instruction well?
- How can teachers best engage students in remote learning settings?
- How do we prepare each unit in our curriculum for remote teaching?
CCSSO Restart & Recovery Framework and Tools
- Restart and Recovery Framework (April 30, 2020)
- Addressing Building Safety, Cleaning & Monitoring (May 29, 2020)
- Virtual Summer School State Guidance for District and School Leaders (May 29, 2020)
- Serving English Language Learners During COVID-19 (June 8, 2020)
- Supporting SEL and Mental Health During COVID-19 (June 10, 2020)
- Serving Students with Disabilities During COVID-19 (Updated October 28, 2020)
- Addressing the Digital Learning Gap (June 18, 2020)
- Supporting Continuity of Health Services (June 25, 2020)
- CCSSO Details Additional Forthcoming Restart & Recovery Resources (June 30, 2020)
- Restart & Recovery: Assessment Considerations for Fall 2020 (Updated August 5, 2020)
- Parent and Community Engagement Resources (July 15, 2020)
- Home Digital Access Data Collection: Blueprint for State Education Leaders (July 22, 2020)
- Assessments in Spring 2021 (August 11, 2020)
- 'Day in the Life' Simulation (August 17, 2020)
- High-Quality OER Curriculum and Resources (Updated January 26, 2021)
- Accountability Interrupted: Guidance for Collecting, Evaluating, and Reporting Data in 2020-2021 (September 3, 2020)
- Considering the Outlook for School Accountability: State Guidance for Making Annual Accountability Determinations in School Year 2020-2021 and Beyond (September 28, 2020)
- Restart & Recovery: Access and Equity for English Learner Students and Families During COVID-19: Recommendations for State Leaders (October 1, 2020)
- Restart & Recovery: Entry and Exit Guidance for States in School Year 2020-2021: Considering the Options (October 29, 2020)
- Restart & Recovery: COVID-19: Implications for Measuring Student Academic Growth (November 4, 2020)
- Restart & Recovery: Declining Kindergarten Enrollment in 2020-2021: Recommendations for State Education Agencies (December 7, 2020)
- Restart & Recovery: Alternative Approaches to State Testing in 2021 (January 11, 2021)
- State Plans for Accelerated Student Learning: A Preliminary Analysis (April 21, 2021)
- 2021 Summer Learning & Enrichment: State Guidance for District and School Leaders (April 22, 2021)
Addressing Disrupted Instruction in the Social Studies (June 10, 2021)
Restart & Recovery: Federal Funds & COVID-19 A System Workbook for States (October 15, 2020)
CCSSO COVID-19 Relief Fact Sheet (March 30, 2021)
Federal Agency Guidance
The U.S. Department of Education’s (ED) Resource Page
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Resource Page
Key CCSSO Advocacy Activities
CCSSO and NASBE letter to congressional leaders on HEALS Act (July 31, 2020)
Letter to congressional leaders supporting additional federal COVID relief (February 9, 2021)
Additional resources can be found at ccsso.org/topics/advocacy
Online Learning Resources
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact CCSSO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You May Also Be Interested In ...