A Guide to Computer Adaptive Testing (CAT) Systems
|Publication date||November 2011|
|publication pdf||A Guide to Computer Adaptive Testing (CAT) Systems|
This guide is intended to provide those responsible for procuring CAT systems with questions they can use to tease out differences across competing CAT delivery systems to make better-informed decisions. The scope of this guide is largely limited to differences across systems that can affect the quality, comparability, and usefulness of the test scores that a system produces. The substance of what is measured (the format and nature of the test questions) and test delivery issues (testing sites and test presentation software and hardware) will be considered only to the extent that they directly impact score properties.
Davey also presented staff development sessions to TILSA on the subject of computer adaptive testing.
- ProgramNational Conference on Student Assessment (NCSA)
- ProgramEarly Childhood Education (ECE)
- ProgramEnglish Language Development Assessment (ELDA)
- ProgramEnglish Learners (EL)
- ProgramFormative Assessment for Students and Teachers (FAST)
- ProgramSocial Studies Assessment, Curriculum, and Instruction (SSACI)
- ProgramTechnical Issues in Large Scale Assessment (TILSA)
- PublicationAlignment and the States: Three Approaches to Aligning the National Assessment of Educational Progress with State Assessments, Other Assessments, and Standards