CCSSO Webinar: Overview of the English Language Proficiency Development Framework
Date: October 11, 2012. 1 p.m. ET (Recording)
Description: CCSSO is pleased to announce the publication of a new CCSSO resource to provide guidance to states on aligning English Language Proficiency standards with the Common Core State Standards and the forthcoming Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). The English Language Proficiency Development (ELPD) Framework outlines the underlying English language practices found in the CCSS and the NGSS, communicates to ELL stakeholders the language that all ELLs must acquire in order to successfully engage the CCSS and NGSS, and specifies a procedure by which to evaluate the degree of alignment present between the Framework and ELP standards under consideration or adopted by states.
To assist states and interested stakeholders in using the framework, CCSSO will be hosting a four-part webinar series on this publication. This first webinar oriented participants to the framework and its uses. The subsequent webinars will focus on the key practices in each subject area - English language arts (October 29), mathematics (October 25), and science (November 2) -as described by their respective standards, as well as the features of discipline-specific language used by teachers and students while engaged in the learning of these key practices.
- ProgramNational Conference on Student Assessment (NCSA)
- ProgramEarly Childhood Education (ECE)
- ProgramEnglish Language Development Assessment (ELDA)
- ProgramEnglish Learners (EL)
- ProgramFormative Assessment for Students and Teachers (FAST)
- ProgramSocial Studies Assessment, Curriculum, and Instruction (SSACI)
- ProgramTechnical Issues in Large Scale Assessment (TILSA)
- PublicationAlignment and the States: Three Approaches to Aligning the National Assessment of Educational Progress with State Assessments, Other Assessments, and Standards